Welcome to the Me and Matt Series!!

I have decided to create a blog which I will use to keep friends and family up to date with the current events occuring in the lives of Ruth and Matt. I will post things of importance, announcements, etc... so that those who read can share in our experiences and be kept in the loop.I will also post photographs and pictures relevent to our lives.

Feel free to subscribe to the blog so that we can keep you updated on all the current events!

Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Wiles Old Time

Well today I said goodbye to my extended family for the last time before I leave.

The day started out with a temple recommend interview from my Stake President so I could go through for my endowments. During the interview he expressed his concern about a few things and suggested that I wait until I was in Mesa Arizona to go through so that Matthew could be a part of it... As he said this I felt such a peace that I knew it was right... it felt as though I'd been holding my breath for the longest time and now I was finally able to breathe.

I explained the decision to my family, and when they understood that it was what I wanted, they were happy for me. We got the family get-together things ready and my extended family started to arrive. We had a lovely afternoon and evening of talking, playing around, eating, picture taking, etc... and dispite all the set backs that we faced that morning, the building being double booked, some of the food getting eaten by other people, those regular sort of 'oh-no' happenings, the get-together was one of the best I have been to. Then again, maybe that was because it was for me...

When it came time for people to start leaving, it got harder and harder... We gathered everyone together for photographs in the cultural hall and went crazy. Literally! I got tackled by my uncle and cousin, so they could give me the bumps... and when I called for help from my two other cousins, they just laughed and grabbed my legs to help!

I wouldn't change it for anything though, I had a wonderful time... and I cried good and hard as I finally said goodbye to the family that I love so much.


No comments: